Personal Ownership – Reviews By Experience – Dustin
I have mostly been the silent photographer and webmaster here at usedAutoBlog.com but I guess it is my time to speak up. My ownership history is considerably shorter than Aaron’s. I didn’t become a “car guy” until Aaron bought a house next to mine and started flaunting a string of stylish Audis in his driveway. At the time I started the downward (and expensive) spiral of automotive enthusiasm I was driving a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited. It is the most un-car guy thing you could possibly be driving. More on that one in a future review though.
So here goes, my short list of cars.
- 1987 Honda Accord LXi – (1996-2000) First car to call my own. I was driving my parents yellow 1987 Cadillac Sedan Deville prior to this.
- 1994 Oldsmobile Bravada – (2000-2003) Desbravada as my friends called it. (pictured – Gold rims and all.)
- 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited – (2003-2007) Yes, I really bought a new car a model year newer than the current year. More on that stellar decision in my Liberty review.
- 1999 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg – (2007-2009) This was my first enthusiast car. Manual transmission and the beloved 1.8l turbo engine.
- 2003 Audi allroad 2.7T – (2009-2011) Yes, that is allroad with a lowercase a. Don’t let me catch you doing it any other way!
- 2005 Audi allroad 4.2 - (2011 – current) I know, another allroad. I will never own another car that isn’t an allroad as long as Audi can keep them coming my way.
My Wife’s Short Car History (as it has effected me):
- 2000 Hyundai Sonota – (past-2005) She had a company car until 2005 and this one basically sat unused. Notice a coorelation between the date she no longer had a company car and when this one went out the door? Me too…
- 2003 Civic Hybrid - (2005 – current) The commuter car. Lots to say about this one in a future review. It is the car you love and hate.